RANGE OF EXPERIMENTS:
1. Demonstration of pipe surge
2. Determination of oscillatory characteristics of the surge shaft
3. Demonstration of frictional head loss between reservoir and surge shaft
4. Comparison between theoretical and measured pressure profiles produced by water hammer
5. Using a dual trace storage oscilloscope to record transient water hammer pressure profiles.
6. Measuring the pressure profile characteristics
7. Determination of the velocity of sound through a fluid in a pipe 8. Demonstration of the effects of cavitation on subsequent cycles.